Thursday, July 21, 2011


I wish I had some dazzling new bit of artistry to share today, but since I've mainly been working on my mostly-secret sculpture, I don't have a lot of things to post.
So here's a picture of some moss. It's not even real moss. I need convincing moss for the base of my sculpture, so I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to do that today. I even trekked out into the woods to find some so I could compare it to different art supplies and see what would work best.
For the most part the trek was uneventful, but I did walk through a spider web and spend the next seven minutes dancing around and flailing my arms.

So, anyway.... I eventually came up with a technique using a couple different shades of wool roving, as shown above.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still laughing...I can picture myself in that same spider web. I love this post....you really made my day. Thanks!

    Oh, I found you on the Etsy Blog Team.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That's so gratifying to hear. :)

    ReplyDelete